I posted this on my blog on www.Sparkpeople.com
I am not one to post about gratitude every day. I have it, I just don't
post it. This morning though I thought I would share with you, in the
spirit of the holidays and all.
1. I am grateful that I can afford to send out xmas cards to my friends
and family. I know that not everyone can do this. Stamps and cards are
expensive and it is outside of many people's budgets to send them.
2. I am grateful that we can afford to have a SHELF full of cereal at
our house, okay 1/2 a shelf now but a few weeks ago we bought stuff on
sale and we had SEVERAL boxes of the stuff. We still do have quite a
bit. 20 years ago I was lucky if I had a single box for myself. Now my
daughter has 3 or 4 boxes to choose from in addition to frozen waffles,
eggs, and pancakes. I know she will have a healthy breakfast.
3. I am grateful that I have health insurance and that I can afford the
copays to see my doctor when I am sick. I have been going back and
forth for a few months now trying to get my asthma/breathing situation
under control. I know that not everyone could do that. Many people would
just "live with it" as long as they could.
4. I am grateful that God, or a higher power, or whatever forces in the
universe there are..whatever you want to believe there.... brought my
husband together in 2002.
5. I am grateful that my husband was accepting of who I am, faults and
all. I am also grateful for his family being accepting too. I am not a
saint. I had a life before him and it wasn't all roses.
6. I am grateful to have a full-time job, with flexible working hours and paid time off.
7. I am grateful for the internet. ;-)
8. I am grateful to see my daycare bill this month and see that it is only 3 digits instead of 4. It wasn't so long ago (July) that it was 4.
9. I am grateful that both of my parents are still alive.
10. I am grateful to have found my long-lost foster sister on Facebook
this year. That is probably one of the best things to happen to me in a
11. I am grateful for my daughter.
12. I am grateful to be the kind of mom that will sit down on a dirty
kitchen floor and do an art project with my daughter until we run out of
13. I am grateful that my ears work so that I can hear things like
"Mommy, I know we have the prettiest Christmas tree in the whole world!
No one could possibly have a tree as nice as ours."
14. I am grateful for my Spark friends.
15. I will add... I am grateful for my readers here, whoever you may be. I hope you all have happy holidays!