Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"Farm Friends" by Tom Fels

Well this is a good b00k, but honestly I have so much stuff going on right now that I did not give this book a good read. I just couldn't get in to it. I wanted to read about what was going on in Western Massachusetts in the late sixties and seventies etc, but this book just didn't do it for me. It was written after the fact of course, the writer doing interviews and including pictures and telling stories of the way it was. However, whether it was because I didn't give it the attention it deserved or what... I don't know. I just didn't get sucked into it. I'm sure for someone else it's great. I just found myself returning it to the library before I was done reading it, and I'd already had it checked out for several months. I kept moving it to the "back burner" until I decided I was going to give up on it. Maybe another time I will check it out again and really be able to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment