Tuesday, April 14, 2009

writing

I've just come back to my desk after my writing class. I expected to feel much lighter now. I brought a piece of writing with me to class, and read it first thing. It was a powerful piece I think. Words like "rape", "arrest"and others... stories I do not want to write about.... I thought that once I had released it, given it voice in class, that I would feel better, like a weight lifted from my shoulders. I was wrong. I still feel like someone is sitting on them. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because I can't find our state tax refund check that I had with me the other day, or maybe it's because I left my ham sandwich and yogurt at home. Maybe it's because I don't think I write as well as the others in my writing class, or because I worry that my boss won't let me take another one when the opportunity comes. I don't know. I just know that I expected to feel different now, and I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment