Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Some writing about class, life, and being me

Well the writing class that I was taking finally finished yesterday. It was supposed to be a 12-week class, but I think we stretched it to 13. I only missed class once, and that was because I was at the doctor's office getting diagnosed with pneumonia. Anyway, I'm going to miss class. It gave me an excuse, and time to write. Today I feel very disorganized, lethargic, and just generally out of it. It has been difficult to get any work done. I am trying to get organized though. I'm going through my writing papers, and seeing what I can assemble for my boss, for work, to say "this is what I did, and this is what I learned, and this is what is useful to my job". It's a slow process. Maybe a cup of coffee will help.

In the meantime, is anyone giving out free makeovers? I could use one. One overweight woman, who does not believe in painting her face with cosmetics, has no budget for a wardrobe of nice clothes, is in desperate need of some assistance. Every time I see myself in the mirror or see a picture of myself, I cringe. Where did that double-chin come from? I know the extra 40 pounds isn't going to disappear tomorrow. I just wish I could look better today, this week, now. You know?

No comments:

Post a Comment