Thursday, March 28, 2013

Umass construction continues

I haven't posted about it in a while, but many construction projects are still continuing at UMass Amherst. The 7am arrival of the construction workers for the new dorm continues to happen every morning, and I also see their departure just after 3pm every day. The last project is at Dickinson, the former home of the Umass Police Department. I'm not sure what they are doing really, but they have had to dig up the ground all around at least 2 sides of the building. They also dug up the road during Spring Break. I wonder if maybe it is to hook up the utilities for the new dorms, but I don't really know. I can't imagine working in that building though, surrounded by construction. I'm not sure if any of the ROTC programs are still in there, or if it's used for classroom space or what. Air Force ROTC was in there but I can't tell if they still are.




No comments:

Post a Comment