Monday, September 16, 2013

"Astronaut Wives Club: A True Story"

The Astronaut Wives Club: A True StoryThe Astronaut Wives Club: A True Story by Lily Koppel

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Started out so interesting. I was born in 1971 so some of this happened before my time, and I loved hearing the history from this point of view. However, as more wives are added it gets more confusing. I think the beginning is the best. By the time you add the 9 and then the 19 I couldn't keep track anymore. Who was separated at the beginning? Who had been divorced? Why did the kids say these 2 were in love when so-and-so had been cheating.

Like others said, this could have been a lot better. It really skipped around near the end and I got thoroughly confused. I'm glad these women got their stories out, but maybe it should have been done sooner and by someone else. Maybe Rene Carpenter would have written it better.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment