Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Boy do I feel old! Leno is leaving the "Tonight Show"boy

Boy do I feel old! I remember when Johnny Carson retired in 1992, and Jay Leno took over "The Tonight Show". I turned 21 that year, and I remember it happened in May, right around the time I was breaking up with my boyfriend L. I was hoping that David Letterman was going to get the job, but it went to Leno instead. I think my mom has been a loyal fan of Leno's, but I never liked him very much for some reason. Now I hear he's only got another year left on the job before he calls it quits. Carson had the job for 30 years. I figured Leno would last that long too, guess I was wrong. In any case, I feel old knowing that he's calling it quits. It just ages me somehow. Rumor is Conan O'Brien may get the job next. O'Brien is on so late now not many people get to see him, myself included. Maybe I'll Tivo some of his stuff to see if he'll be worth watching. I still like Letterman better, but since I'm usually not in control of the remote, it doesn't matter much.

Enough rambling. I've got to get back to work. Only a few more days until I begin my vacation at home with Abby, while DH goes to Long Beach for his conference.

1 comment:

  1. I don't watch either of them enough to have an opinion one way or the other. As to feeling old, I still remember seeing my very first television. It was a little round window in a much much larger box with tiny black and white figures playing a baseball game.

    ReplyDelete