Thursday, March 5, 2009

"I wish" a writing assignment

I am taking a writing class, aimed at Umass staff, called "Writing for Work and Beyond". The instructor is Leslie Fraser. I hope I'm not violating the confidentiality rules of the class by sharing this- a couple of weeks ago we were given the assignment to 1. Write "I wish" 20 times down a piece of paper. 2. Finish the sentence. 3. Go back, and as often as possible list a small first step you can take toward making that wish come true.

I wrote to my friend Arlene, in an email, telling her I was having trouble with this assignment. The first thing I said to the instructor was "that's a lot to wish for!". And honestly, I've only come up with 10 wishes so far. 5 wishes that I know I can't make happen, and 5 that I can. I'll try to post them later.

Arlene mentioned some of this in her blog already, and I'm not as good at doing all the links and stuff as she is.... but her blog is here.

If anyone wants to post their wishes, feel free to leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment