Friday, September 18, 2009

Family Friday- updates from around Clessonville

Sigh. Just as I'm about to post this I got a message saying I could get back to work again, so I'm going to have to make this quick.

Updates on things- last Friday we buried my maternal grandmother, may she rest in peace. On Tuesday one of her nephews passed away from cancer. His twin brother was at the funeral on Friday. So sad to hear of the passing. This cousin of mine was a true hero, and memories will live on in many hearts. His parents were awesome too, and I attended both of their funerals. I will probably miss his though. It's too far away for me to go to it.

My mother and my brother are still fighting, and I think we're about to get in the middle of it. So far I've been on my brother's side, but managed to keep speaking to my mom. I have a feeling that could change any day. I'm sort of waiting for her to lash out at me.

We've had a crazy week. Last weekend was fairly quiet. Plans for the fair disappeared in the misty air as my husband had to work on Saturday and it was raining anyway. On Sunday the weather was all too nice, and the traffic leading to the fair was a long jam that sent me away.

Monday and Tuesday found us at the dentist and doctor's offices for Abby. All went well. She did great at the dentist, letting the hygienist brush her teeth. Her ears were good at the doc's the next day. Preschool seems a little concerned that her language skills may be behind. We mentioned this to the doc, and will follow up in April with him to see if she needs an evaluation and any Early Intervention. I'm thinking she is fine, but we'll keep our ears open anyway.

Last night hubby didn't get to sleep. He took a short nap as Abby was getting ready for bed, but then he went into work from midnight-8:30am. He came home so I could get Abby to school, and then he was back to work by 11am. It's been a long couple of days for him. He's exhausted now, and we'll be trying to get supper early so he can get to bed. I expect Saturday will be quiet because of this.

We do still need to get some Fall clothes shopping done for Abby, and I need to get some birthday shopping done for Hubby. Also the Big E is starting around now, and I'm not sure if we'll go or not. It could happen I suppose, I just don't know. Lots of things up in the air. The 26th is looking busy with car repairs in the morning and 2 local fairs/festivals to attend after that. Hopefully during the week next week things will be "normal" and quiet for the most part.

Have a good weekend all!

No comments:

Post a Comment