Sunday, July 11, 2010

July 12, 1992

Well that date is so long ago. I bet there are college freshmen who weren't even born yet when it was July 12, 1992.

That date is on my calendar though because it's the date that my Grandpa A. passed away. Grandma A. just died in September 2009. I hope they are together now.

I don't know if the day will bother my mother much. It occurs to me that it might. Tomorrow will be a stressful day for me at work, and though I will try to give her a call, I won't really have much time to talk and to feel her pain. It's been 18 years after all. Seems like a lifetime ago.

And yet, a piece of me will always carry him in my heart. A piece of me misses him, and wishes he could see me today. I wish he could have lived long enough to know my husband, and my daughter, and see who we are today.

No comments:

Post a Comment