Wednesday, March 30, 2011

revisiting my New Years Goals

Back in January I wrote:
"1. get my freaken upgrade at work! I've been working on this one for years and it darned well better happen in 2011 or there are going to be some serious decisions to be made in this family."


Today I found out officially that I did NOT get it. I have been waiting to hear from the lawyer for about a year and today I got the official notice that I was denied. The lawyer said it was pointless to appeal. That only about 1 in 20 who appeal win etc... probably a waste of time etc.  My husband said "It's up to you..."  and my boss said he would meet with his supervisor to see if there is anything he can do there. So it is possible that my boss and I are going to be starting this process all over again. However after being turned down twice I'm not sure what more we can do. It seems like the Powers that Be are against this and it's not going to happen. "You can't fight City Hall" as they say. My union hasn't done squat to help. Free lawyer did NOTHING. Such B.S..


My annual review is also due pretty soon too. Not sure what that is going to be. My boss knows I'm working my butt off, and he's working his butt off too. We lost a person (retired) last summer and then we were given a larger than usual workload. Of course we didn't get a replacement person or even any student help. We've been doing more work and not getting more money. Really sucks. I know we are both frustrated. I'm not sure how that is going to play out in the review process.


So we're on the edge of something with this. I'm just not sure where it's going. I feel like I'm not pulling my weight at home. I make so much less than my husband does and that's not fair. Plus he does just as much, or more, of the stuff at home too. He cooks 4-5 nights/week, does all the morning routine stuff and more than half the bedtime stuff. I'm not happy about it. I know he likes to "provide" for us or something, but I feel like I'm not doing my share. Maybe I am and I just don't know it, but I feel like I'm not. And work evidently doesn't value me much either. So as much as I love my job I wonder if someone else would "value" me more or if I should consider trying to get a 2nd job somehow.


This goal has definitely not been forgotten. We'll see where I'm at in a month or two with it. I hope things change soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment