Tuesday, June 8, 2010

ANOTHER Elizabeth Berg book!

This is probably a record for this blog. Last night I decided to read "Joy School" by Elizabeth Berg. I'd already checked it out of the library, and it was a very quick read. I read the whole thing in about 2-3 hours I think, just in one sitting. I guess I like this author's "voice". If someone had told me what the book was about beforehand, I might not have read it. I mean, the plot summary really doesn't grab me.
From Amazon :

"From School Library Journal

A 13-year-old girl falls in love with a 21-year-old garage mechanic who saves her life. From this unrequited love and other sorrows, she learns about the joys of life.
Copyright 1997 Reed Business Information, Inc. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title."


(Yeah, doesn't grab me at all.)
Anyway, it was a good, quick read and it looks like I have some more of  her books in that bag of books that I checked out a while ago. I still have the William Kennedy book too, but I seem to be attracted to female authors by the looks of things and reading through those books first. We'll see if I get through the "Ironweed" book tonight though. You never know. It might happen. I seem to be reading quite a bit lately.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment